JSC PlastProduct is perhaps the only completely independent enterprise on the tooling market in Kaluga. What allows the company to work successfully in a very tough competition – tells its GM
- Yevgeny Vladimirovich, what place does your company take today on the market of mold-making services?
- In 2007 we’ve founded in Kaluga the company of our own for tooling designing and manufacturing. Our main products are the molds for injection molding of plastics and nonferrous metals, dies for cold-working, another types of tooling and high-precision metal working. We had come not on an empty market: there’re many large enterprises in Kaluga that have their own tooling shops. And I’m very proud that in just five years we gained the reputation of a modern, efficient company, which concluded the complete localization of production cycle on the company’s own premises and has a high financial stability.
- How useful became for you ROSMOULD-2012 exhibition?
- The interest in this exhibition is quite stable with our regular customers. Clear also that every visitor searching for supplier of machinery in need (even in some near future), might become our real new customer. The positive trend of this year that I want to point out by exhibition results – transition of many processors that traditionally worked with Chinese tooling and are used to it, to the products of Russian mold-makers and caused by this in-depth research of domestic tooling market by the customers.
- What makes your products competitive with Chinese ones?
- Here I can mention as very indicative the financial crisis of recent years. First, those who worked on the Chinese tooling, got an essential increase in its price in dollars or euros. Second, communication with equipment supplier in your native language is much easier than that of “Chinese whispers” system. And finally, our most important competitive advantage over China became a full service, including post-warranty maintenance and renewal. To create a good reputation it is necessary to efficiently build up all the processes both in production and in interaction with suppliers. And just this laborious day-to-day work allows us to offer our customers a stable and reliable cooperation.
- What products and services were exhibited at your booth?
- By tradition, we have presented several new molds for injection molding of plastics and some samples of castings and forgings produced with the designed by our specialists and manufactured in our company tooling. We also made ??a presentation of the workplace for the shop area for tooling restoration and repair. Workplace includes a German welder for argon pulsed overlaying and polishing machine tool to obtain shaping surfaces with a polish of optical grade. This part of exposition evoked a keen interest among the visitors, and we’ve concluded contracts for rendering services in this area.
- What are your plans for the further development of business?
- In July 19th, 2012 the grand opening of a new shop of our enterprise will take place. The new shop is destined solely for tooling production. In September we expect delivery of the new CNC machinery complex, including milling machining center, two diesinking electrical discharge machines (EDMs), as well as wire-cut EDM for handling of bulky tooling. These measures will not only substantially increase our production capacity, but also reduce production time and improve products quality.
Interviewed by Anna Vilens